“Cynthia is a wonderful professional fiduciary and trustee. She is attentive to detail, has good business sense, and gets things done. She is especially good handling family dynamics and dealing with difficult interpersonal relations among beneficiaries.”
Helen D. Koch
Estate Planning Attorney
A fiduciary is someone who manages the financial and/or personal affairs of someone who is unable to care for themselves. In my case, I work primarily with seniors who, due to age or physical/mental incapacity, have difficulty managing their own affairs and making important decisions.
I also work with the family members of these individuals who are concerned for their aging parent or grandparent and loved one. When you hire me as a fiduciary, I effectively become your “boots on the ground.”
Whether you’re across the country needing a local presence or across the street looking for expertise, our team is ready to give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing someone is in your corner working for you or your loved one.
People may use a fiduciary for many reasons, including:
- You need an independent, neutral third-party to administer your trust
- Your beneficiary has difficulty managing money or has substance abuse issues
- Your parent, grandparent or loved one needs assistance, but you don’t have the knowledge or time to help them
- Your parent, grandparent or loved one needs help, but you live far away and need someone local to work with you
- Your parent or grandparent needs help, but you live far away and need a local proxy to act in your place
- You’re aging and want a qualified person to make health care or financial decisions on your behalf
It is important to know that I am licensed by the State of California, Department of Consumer Affairs as a professional fiduciary and have served my clients since 2005. It is also important to know that I am honored to have the respect and testimonials from many local estate planning professionals and have a long record of excellence. The reason people hire me is because of my ability to listen, truly hear what they have to say and have a meaningful discussion on how best to proceed. Most people also find my empathy and compassion encouraging during a difficult time, and trust my intellectual skills more, knowing my heart is also in the right place. Finally – and most importantly – please visit my testimonials page.
A trustee administers a trust and uses the assets for the benefit of the trustor or the beneficiaries. A power of attorney may manage your finances, during times of incapacity, regardless of whether they are in a trust or not. Health care powers of attorney enable someone to make medical decisions on your behalf. A conservator is court appointed and is responsible for all of your day-to-day affairs and overall well being.
Yes, sometimes people know they are going to be incapacitated for a short time and need someone to temporarily handle their affairs.
Yes. Sometimes, when the first spouse passes, the surviving spouse needs assistance to help with finances.
Here are a few reasons why I am trustworthy:
- Licensed by the California Fiduciaries Bureau requiring annual renewal of my license and continuing education units
- Working as a local fiduciary since 2005
- Extensive background serving areas of public trust including as Mayor of the City of Palm Desert in 2010 and member of the Palm Desert City Council from 2006-2012.
- Work with other local, licensed professionals on a regular basis
- Please see my testimonials page that speaks to my ability, experience, professionalism, expertise and integrity.
$125-$225 per hour.